Wednesday, February 11, 2009

cognitive dissonance

Have you ever seen yourself in a picture and wondered who let you out of the house looking like that? I went to a wedding in November. I wore a dress that I borrowed, since my proportions are all out of whack and I didn't really fit all the way into my own. I really didn't think I looked all that bad. I got a thank you card yesterday with some pictures of C and I in it that had been taken at the reception.

Oh. My. God.

Who let me out of the house looking like that? I'm not about to post the picture, but trust me that my mental image of what I looked like that evening was nothing remotely close to what the photographic evidence showed. I had a similar incident on Saturday, when we were grocery shopping. We were buying some grapefruits for breakfast. C held up one and commented that it was about the same size as a certain part of my anatomy is now, post baby. I laughed, and said no effing way. Held it up to compare, and sure enough, dead on. WTF?

I should start taking pictures of myself before I leave the house every day, because clearly my perception is flawed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails