Friday, August 5, 2011

A Series of Confessions, Part 2 - Where I Confess About my Morning Routine

So, remember how I went on that great vacation to Colorado? Wow, it feels like a long time ago. It was over a month ago. 38 days since we flew back to the O H, to be exact.

Well, that's about how long it's been since I've blow-dried my hair. Or was until Monday, that is. 33 days of hastily tied ponytails at 6:40 6:45 6:50 in the morning when I'm rushing out the door. Make it the full 38 days since I've managed to put makeup on, because today is the first day since vacation that I've forced myself to do it.

My routine has disappeared. My long-stuck-to, rigid but relaxing routine of waking up at 5:20, taking a leisurely shower, reading the news, listening to Mike & Mike while I get ready, packing the lunches put together the night before, and then getting Charlie ready for the day, has disappeared. In it's place, I'm too tired unmotivated to make lunches at 9:30 at night after we're done exercising. I prefer to sit on the couch with a beer and read very important academic works classic literature running magazines Twilight. I get that nasty adrenaline surge after a good workout, so we sit up until 10:30/11:00 and then start getting ready for bed. I'm actually asleep somewhere around midnight, and then my alarm goes off at 5:10, when I start 54 minutes of snooze-button mashing. I finally force myself out of bed at 6:04 (why is the snooze 9 minutes? that's an awfully odd length of time), then rush in and out of the shower, throw on the closest outfit I can find, and go downstairs to throw some food in a bag while Husband Charlie gets Toddler Charlie ready for school.

Every morning, I leave my house just a little bit later.

I just can't figure out what happened. Where did my motivation go? I hope to find it again, sometime.

4 comments:

  1. I was motivated enough to mention your new blog in my FF post.  I've even lost the meaning of motivation  over the last few years but I blame it on gray hair.  It's a demotivator.  Since I enjoy concluding things off the top of my head without any research or study, I'll say you are burned out in your current job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting guess, but I have to burst your bubble on this one - I love my job. I'm very lucky that I can say that.

    I think I'm just suffering from the summer lazies. Or maybe it doesn't matter that I pluck the grays as fast as they come in, once they've sprouted that means the  motivation is gone. I like to steal a quote from Luke Skywalker and refer to myself as having a "bad motivator." Like R2D2.

    Just making the Friday rounds now, but thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are lucky to be able to say that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My morning always involves a LOT of 9-minute snooze's.  And WTF, why is it only 9 minutes?  Who decided that 9 was better than 5 or 10?  

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails