Monday, August 8, 2011

Recipe: Chocolate Cupcakes with Ganache Frosting

I love chocolate. I love cupcakes. I LOVE chocolate cupcakes. Naturally, Charlie does, too, so that's what I decided to make him for his birthday. Not just any cupcakes, though - these were going to be Star Wars cupcakes, thanks to the super cool cupcake stencils that recently showed up on the shelf at Williams-Sonoma.



I needed a relatively simple recipe, since I had to make them on a Tuesday night and decorate them on a Wednesday night so that Charlie could bring them to school on Thursday. I consulted my favorite baking blog, Beantown Baker, and found these Chocolate Chocolate Cupcakes. And then I read the recipe wrong, and realized that I didn't have all of the ingredients, after all, so I went back to the basics, and used this Perfectly Chocolate Cake recipe from Hershey. I still used Beantown's Ganache recipe (at the bottom of the cupcake link), because it was exactly what I was looking for - spreadable, but hard-drying. Perfect for cupcake stencils. And perfect for having lots of tasty chocolate ganache left over. That's what spoons are for!

I made the cupcakes one night, frosted them the next, and let them sit in the fridge until the ganache had set and hardened. The stencils were super easy - put one on top of the cupcake and then dust powdered sugar on top. I was pretty happy with the final product. Charlie was, too :)





Unfortunately, the ganache started to melt again and the sugar became runny once they had been outside, but that was my fault because it was 90 degrees out and I should have kept them in a cooler. Lesson learned!

6 comments:

  1. Bummer they melted in the heat. They look great though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very fun! I'll bet they tasted just as good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They still tasted amazing. I also found a use for the leftover ganache (that didn't involve a spoon) - made myself some chocolate-covered strawberries last night! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its really looking so delicious .You have done a great job by sharing your experience with us.I like this post.Keep sharing with us in future too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice post.I love to eat  chocolate.Nice post. I think your sweet angle  really enjoyed this. Its sounds too good. Keep in touch with us in future too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well
    thanks for sharing such excellent virus avoiding tips with us.I really
    appreciate it a lot.Thanks a lot for sharing.Keep sharing.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails